Children in the growing period are the stage of physical and mental growth. Simple, fresh, and practical lighting is also what the children's room needs. The children's room has the functions of learning, games, rest, storage, etc. The overall lighting in the room should be higher than that of the adult room. At the same time, the light should be soft to avoid glare.
In the study area, corresponding local lighting is also required to avoid stroboscopic lighting products, and the brightness and brightness uniformity are ideal, which can reduce eye fatigue. The overall lighting of the children's room can use chandeliers and ceiling lamps to create a bright and dreamlike light effect for the space, while local lighting can use wall lamps, table lamps, spotlights, etc. to meet different lighting needs. In addition, pay full attention to safety issues when installing lamps. Do not choose lamps that allow children to touch the light bulbs. It is better to add a protective cover to the light bulbs. You should also avoid placing floor lamps, table lamps, and other movable lamps in the preschool children's room.
Light distribution in the children's room
It is recommended to use lamps with uniform and soft light output for the lamps in the children's room. The installation position should consider allowing the light to be reflected on the wall, ceiling, or other surfaces, to improve the uniformity of light distribution in the space and avoid direct light to the eyes.
Under such a lighting arrangement, the ambient light is no longer evenly distributed, but the spatial brightness of each functional area needs to be distinguished. When reading, choosing cool white light can make it easier for children to concentrate; during the non-study time, choose to use warm white light, which has the effect of auxiliary lighting and atmosphere adjustment.
With the sleeping area as the main light, special attention should be paid to avoiding direct light sources. Induction night lights can be added under the bed or on the wall to make children feel more secure when they sleep independently.
The lighting in the play area is sufficient, which will not cause visual fatigue for children. Bright and non-glare lamps with adjustable color temperatures are required.
For the lighting of the study area, choose reading lamps with ambient light design, which can illuminate the dark places around the reading area, avoid sudden changes in pupils caused by sudden changes in light and shade, and protect eyesight.
A healthy children's room should avoid setting only a single lighting system as much as possible.
How afraid of the dark is the child, I believe you will be afraid of the dark now. If you let a child sleep alone in a dark room, I believe it will only produce a sense of fear. Children who grow up in such an environment will be affected to some extent physically and mentally. Sleeping with the light on will make the child's eyesight and immunity weaken. And the stature cannot be very tall, and the quality of sleep cannot be guaranteed.
As mentioned above, lighting is not just lighting, but also needs to create a sense of atmosphere. There are three principles for bedroom lighting in a children's room:
1. Overall lighting
- Use ceiling lights or downlights as the overall brightness source;
2. Local lighting by the bed
- Use indirect lighting, table lamps, and light strips to form an atmospheric lighting environment. The lamps can choose children's favorite themes and adjustable light sources to increase convenience and childishness;
3. Cabinet lighting
- A local space that can assist with lighting for learning and dressing, and the lamps are installed inside or outside.
The children's room is one of the most important growth spaces for children. The lighting of the children's room must also continuously adjust the color temperature and brightness of the light as the child learns, plays, and sleeps. In this space we need to pay attention to the following three points:
1. Glare, the editor recommends that lighting products must have anti-glare lighting products; because when strong light (such as sunlight or headlights) enters the field of view, it will make people feel uncomfortable, and even cannot see other things, This state is called glare. Improper lighting fixtures or hanging positions, or too bright will cause glare to avoid unnecessary harm to children caused by the glare of lamps.
2. Strobe, the stroboscopic lamps and lanterns will cause eye muscle tension, fatigue, headache, etc., which will damage our vision unknowingly; the eyes are exposed to severe stroboscopic environments for a long time, which will cause headaches and Eye fatigue, causing photosensitive epilepsy, causing vision loss and distraction; so Xiaobian recommends flicker-free lighting products.
3. "Color rendering index" (Ra), the color rendering ability of the light source of the lamp to the object is called color rendering, that is, the degree of the light source to the natural primary color of the object. If the color appearance of an object under a certain lamp is similar to that displayed under sunlight, we call the lamp "good color rendering (high); the red, green, and blue cone cells in the human eye have different If there is a lack of red light, green light, and blue light will form a cyan image in human eyes, reducing the color gamut of color reproduction, which not only causes the lighting scene to be dull and uninteresting but also affects the quality of the lighting environment. Lighting with high color rendering can improve people's perception of space, while low color rendering affects the ability to distinguish objects and accurately perceive the surrounding environment. Xiaobian recommends lighting products with Ra>90.
Children's room lighting suggestions: